This website is an online hub for the work of Kris Armijo - dedicated to moving Ed Tech Forward.
Hello! I'm Kris Armijo, and I am so glad that you've stopped by!
Please allow me to share a little bit about myself:
Prior to entering the field of education, I came from a background in multimedia design where my love for technology and nerdy personality were born. These traits and skills have been sprinkled throughout my years in education. I began my education career in 2005 as a classroom teacher in 5th grade. I also taught 6th grade for a bit, then worked as a K-5 Math Interventionist before accepting my current position as my district’s Education Technology Specialist in 2016. Now I enjoy blending my passion for technology with my heart for the classroom on a mission to move Ed Tech Forward!
I am a strong believer that it is time to change how we "do school" - the educational landscape on this planet is transforming rapidly and educators have an urgent responsibility to equip our students to thrive in the digitally-connected world we live in! At the 2019 New Mexico Digital Learning Conference, keynote speaker, Leah Rodgers, pointed out that in 30 years "the ability to gain new knowledge is going to be valued higher than the knowledge people already have." This reality requires a shift in how we engage learners because how they learn and solve problems will be more important than what they know, underscoring the importance of an intentional focus on critical 21st Century Skills - communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
This belief is the driving force behind my work as a digital learning consultant, trainer, and presenter. I enjoy sharing this passion with others and welcome the opportunity to connect!
My Professional Profile:
- M.S.Ed, Instructional Technology | Grand Canyon University
- B.S.Ed, Elementary Education | University of New Mexico
- Level III K-8 Elementary Teaching License | New Mexico Public Education Department
- Google for Education Certified Innovator (#LON19)
- Google for Education Certified Trainer
- Google Certified Educator Level 1 & Level 2
- Pear Deck Certified Coach
- Google Educator Group Co-Leader | GEG New Mexico
- Member of the NMSTE Board (New Mexico's ISTE affiliate)
- ISTE Member